what is personal data?
personal data means information that may directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, telephone number, email address, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address and location data, among other things.
if you have any questions, or want to discuss your privacy choices with us, please follow the instructions below on changing your communication preferences and contacting us.
- how and when we collect your personal data
- what types of personal data we collect
- how and why we use your personal data
- ip addresses and cookies on ncsglobalinc.com
- third-party links
- how we protect your personal data
- how long we keep your personal data
- who we share your personal data with
- sharing your data with third parties for their own purposes
- where your personal data may be processed
- your rights over your personal data
- your right to withdraw consent
- how you can stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing
- note to non-US customers
- contacting the regulator
- questions/how to contact us about your privacy
NCS Global LLC is not affiliated with or an agent of any company referred to in our website, ncsglobalinc.com. References to any third-party brand name, registered trademark, trademark, and/or service mark are solely for the purpose of facilitating the purchase and/or sale of used networking and data equipment owned and maintained by NCS Global LLC, its customers, and/or its prospects. All logos, trademarks, descriptions, documents & images are the property of their respective owners.
this website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
direct interactions – you may give us your identity, contact and financial data when you fill in forms or mail, email, phone or instant message us.
this includes personal data you provide when you;
- sign up for our sales lists and/or newsletters;
- request information;
- create a website account;
- make a purchase through the website;
- ask for information about our services;
- provide information related to equipment you wish to have recycled;
- contact customer service; or
- interact with us on Social Media.
automated technologies or interactions – as you interact with us, including through our website, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We may also collect tracking information when you use our website, interact with our emails, or click on one of our ads.
third parties or publicly available sources – we may receive personal data about you from various types of third-parties, including;
- technical data and/or tracking data from analytics providers, advertising networks and search information providers;
- contact, financial and transaction data from providers of payment and fraud prevention services;
- identity and contact data from data partners; and
- data from any third parties who are permitted by law or have your permission to share your personal data with us, such as via social media or review sites. We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to do so.
depending upon how you interact with us, we may collect different types of information;
- if you have an account for our website at www.ncsglobalinc.com: your name, your billing and delivery addresses, your telephone number, your order information and account transactions, your email address;
- if you sign up for our newsletters or bid lists: your name, your company name, your email address;
- if you email us about returns, quotes, product availability, or other things: your email address, your name; and
NCS Global wants to offer you the best possible customer experience. In order to achieve this, we will use the data we hold about you to offer you promotions, products and services that are most likely to interest you.
Europe’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) allows this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customers and providing the highest levels of service.
please remember that if you choose not to share your personal data with us, or refuse certain contact permissions, we might not be able to provide some services you’ve asked for.
here is how we use your personal data and why:
- to process any orders that you make by using our website
if we don’t collect your personal data during checkout, we won’t be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations. For example, your details may need to be passed to a third-party to supply or deliver the product or service that you ordered, and we may keep your details for a reasonable period afterwards in order to fulfill any contractual obligations such as refunds. Credit card information entered on the website is not stored by NCS Global and is not saved once the order is placed and the credit card information transferred to our online credit card portal and processor, Authorize.net and Century Business Solutions.
- in order to respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints
handling the information you sent enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations, and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
if you order products or services requiring payment of a fee, via email, fax, instant message or telephone, and you submit your credit card information via credit card authorization to NCS Global, we electronically transmit your credit card data to our credit card processor, Century Business Solutions, for processing. If we encounter a problem with payment, we may review the order information with you and CBS to resolve it. We do not otherwise disclose your credit card information.
- to protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities.
this includes using your personal data to maintain, update and safeguard your account. We’ll do all of this as part of our legitimate interests.
with your consent, we will use your personal data, preferences and details of your transactions to keep you informed by email about relevant products and services including special offers, discounts, promotions, and events.
of course, you are free to opt out of hearing from us by any of these channels at any time.
- to send you communications required by law or which are necessary to inform you about changes to the services we provide you.
- to display the most interesting content to you on our website, we may use data we hold about your transaction and browsing activity. We’ll do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
- to develop, test and improve the systems, services and products we provide to you. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
- to comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement.
- to send you survey and feedback requests to help improve our services.
these messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. We have a legitimate interest to do so as this helps make our products or services more relevant to you.
- to help us form a better, overall understanding of you as a customer, and to inform our business decisions, we may combine data captured via NCS Global LLC and data from publicly-available lists as we have described in the section “what sort of personal data we collect” We’ll do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
combining this data will help us personalize your experience and decide which content to share with you. We may also use anonymized data from customer purchase histories to identify general sales trends.
sometimes, we’ll need to share your details with a third-party who is providing a service. (such as delivery service) We do so to maintain our purchase agreement with you. Without sharing your personal data, we’d be unable to fulfil your request.
we do not share your personal information with third-party marketers.
we may use automated systems to collect information about your computer, including its ip address, operating system and browser type. This is statistical data that will not identify you individually. We will use this information to help us run and improve www.ncsglobalinc.com.
for the same reasons, we may gather information about your internet usage by using a cookie file stored on your computer. Cookies contain information that help us to improve our site by enabling us to:
- estimate our user size, growth and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customize our site according to your individual interests;
- to speed up your searches; and
- to recognize you when you return to our site.
we know how much data security matters to all our customers. With this in mind we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
all the data that you send through to us when submitting an order is encrypted before it is transmitted across the internet. This means that in the unlikely event of the data being intercepted, it would be difficult to decipher.
- we secure access to all transactional areas of our websites and apps using ‘https’ technology.
- access to your personal data is password-protected.
- we regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
- sensitive data (such as payment card information) is secured by SSL encryption.
payment card information is not stored on the NCS Global website. All credit card data is processed by our third-party payment processing partners, either Authorize.net or Century Business Solutions. All online payments are conducted in accordance with Payment Card Industry (PCI) data security standards. Sensitive data, such as names and email addresses, is secured by SSL encryption. NCS Global LLC does not receive or retain any details relating to specific credit/debit cards, only the authorization from Century Business Solutions once the transaction has been completed.
never send credit/debit card details directly to us by e-mail.
information about how Authorize.net and Century Business Solutions protect your information can be viewed on their respective websites.
in the unlikely event of unauthorized card use, please be sure to contact your card issuer immediately as per your arrangement with them.
where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should not share this password with anyone, and make sure you change it regularly.
we have and will continue to use reasonable safeguards to ensure that your personal data is protected against loss, alteration and unlawful use or access. We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected breaches and to notify you and the regulator of any suspected breach, where required.
whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
to determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
by law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for seven years after they stop being customers for tax purposes.
at the end of the retention period, your data will either be deleted or anonymized, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
we may share personal data with the following categories of third parties:
- suppliers and service providers (such as technology service providers, downstream partners, payment processing and fraud prevention providers, manufacturers and mail and delivery services);
- auditors and professional advisers like bankers, lawyers, accountants and insurers; and
- government, regulators and law enforcement.
we also share data with third parties connected to advertising, retargeting and analytics. Please see Cookies above for more information about who those third parties are.
we require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
return to top
we will only do this under very specific circumstances, for example:
- in order to apply our own Terms & Conditions, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of NCS Global, our customers or suppliers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of copyright protection, fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- we may share information about fraudulent or potentially fraudulent activity in our premises or systems. This may include sharing data about individuals with law enforcement bodies;
- we may also be required to disclose your personal data to the police or other enforcement, regulatory or Government body, in your country of origin or elsewhere, upon a valid request to do so. These requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis and take the privacy of our customers into consideration;
- we may also disclose certain information in an aggregated, anonymized form (so that no individual can be identified) for marketing and development purposes.
if/whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA (European Economic Area), we will comply with applicable data protection law. Some of the mechanisms we may choose to use when undertaking an international transfer are:
- the transfer of your personal data is to a country that has officially been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission;
- where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US. If the provider is not EU-US Privacy Shield certified, we may use the EU Model Clauses. Any providers used will be fully GDPR compliant.
our external third-party payment processors are based outside the EEA, so if you are in the EEA, their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
you have the right to request:
- access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge. However, we reserve the right to charge a “reasonable fee” when a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, particularly if it is repetitive;
- the correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete;
- that we stop using your personal data for direct marketing; and
- that we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
you also have the right to request a copy of any information about you that NCS Global LLC holds, and to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate.
to request a copy of your information, please contact
data protection officer, NCS Global LLC; 32 Innovation Drive, Rochester, NH, USA 03867 or email: email@example.com.
to ask for your delivery or billing information to be amended, please update your online account at www.ncsglobalinc.com, or contact our office: firstname.lastname@example.org.
if we choose not to act upon your request we will always explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
where we rely on our legitimate interest – in cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
direct marketing – you have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through all channels, or selected channels. We must always comply with your request.
there are several ways you can stop direct marketing communications from us:
- click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email communication that we send you. We will then stop any further emails;
- log in to your ncsglobalinc.com account, visit the ‘My Account’ area and update your communication preferences; or
- write to data protection officer, NCS Global LLC; 32 Innovation Drive, Rochester, NH, USA 03867 or email: email@example.com.
please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated, and we may still retain your data where permitted.
by using our services or providing your personal data to us, you expressly consent to the processing of your personal data by us or on our behalf. Of course, you still have the right to ask us not to process your data in certain ways, and if you do so, we will respect your wishes.
sometimes we’ll need to transfer your personal data between countries to enable us to supply the goods or services you’ve requested. In the ordinary course of business, we may transfer your personal data from your country of residence to ourselves and to third parties located either inside or outside of your country of residence.
by dealing with us, you are giving your consent to this overseas use, transfer and disclosure of your personal data outside your country of residence for our ordinary business purposes. This may occur because our information technology storage facilities and servers are located outside your country of residence and will include storage of your personal data on servers not in the UK.
UK customers – If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. We ask that you contact us and let us know your concerns before escalating to the regulator, though you are not required to do so.
you may contact them by calling 0303 123 1113 or go online to http://www.ico.org.uk/concerns
non-UK customers – you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection regulator in your country of residence.
if you need help or have questions about our products and services, or our website, please contact us here.
Revision Date: 2018-05-25